This Week's Reads #2

By Unknown - 20:16

I decided to keep a little more on top of my reading list this week. After getting in from work I spent my evenings practicing some yoga followed by some meditation with Headspace and then wrapped the evening up after dinner with a good blog or two.  

I've really enjoyed getting back into this side of blogging, part of me got so absorbed in my own blog that I totally forgot how nice it was to read about the lives of other people and hear their advice and stories. It's been great getting back in touch with the bloggers I used to religiously keep up to date with and to discover some new wonderful blogs too.  

So, what've I been reading this week?

At the start of the week I read a wonderfully positive post by Hannah, from Suitcase and Sandals, about Life After Graduation. Having both graduated not too long ago now, I understand everything Hannah says in this post and I just love how positively written it is. She recognises the hardship in working day in day out and the sadness of moving away from your university friends but manages to grasp at the good things that come out of the changes us graduates adapt to. This post is definitely worth a read if you're failing to see the brighter side of graduate life!
Here's a snap from my graduation! You'd think my brother was a bouncer right? 


I've followed some bloggers since I started blogging back in 2012 but many of my favourite blogs were discovered when I first started joining in with Twitter chats whilst at university. Elif's blog, Chamomile Dealer, was one of those that I discovered when she sent me her link at the end of an #lbloggers chat. I really loved her post How Blogging Affected my Life this week as I felt like I could really relate to it. In this post Elif has talked about how blogging has helped to improve her writing and photography skills and has given her the opportunity to meet new people and find new sources of inspiration. One part of what Elif wrote in this post really stood out to me:
'Being around bloggers and reading blogs (...) also made me realize that if I can be inspired by others maybe I could inspire others too.' 
 And I feel that in itself is quite an inspiring statement.

Now it wouldn't be right if I neglected to share some pancake-related posts this week, would it? And Nancy, from The Nancy Wilde Experiencereally caught my eye with a major pancake feast. Just look at all those toppings! And next to that roaring fire, I couldn't imagine a more perfect pancake day!

May I also say that the pancake posts were few and far between this year, sort it out people!

Lately I've been receiving some lovely comments from new readers and Rae who blogs over at Love From Berlin, was one of those wonderful people who recently stopped by my blog to have a read. I've spent this afternoon catching up on her most recent posts and it was hard to choose which one to feature! And whilst all her photos were enviable from her trip to Puerto Rico, I loved her post about islands and the ocean. Rae shares some stunning images of the beaches of Puerto Rico and compares her current life in Berlin to the tranquil getaway that the beach provides. As a person who's lived in Cornwall for the most part of my life, I really relate to the peace she feels whilst by the sea.

I've read some brilliant posts once again this week, but that's a wrap on This Week's Reads #2 because we really could be here all night. 'Til next week!

As always, do comment and leave your links because I love checking out new blogs...
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I dont know any of these blogs, will definitely check them out.
    I love the idea of this post, great for other people to get to know new bloggers :)

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're keen to have a read, hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
      Thank you :)

      xox

      Delete
  2. I really like this post, sych a good idea to have a round up of posts you've read :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Everyone should be doing it :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post and what a wonderful surprise to see myself mentioned here! Thank you so much! So glad you are enjoying all of the posts about Puerto Rico and hope you are having a lovely day!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely my pleasure! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I hope you've had a lovely one too!

      xox

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥