My Shopping Recommendations for University Students

By Unknown - 12:38

With all the bargain hunting I've been having to do for University, I thought I would share some of my recommendations of where to shop! 

For clothes 
Quite obviously, for a bargain, the sales are the best place to go in most of the high street shops (your choice on where). My own personal favourites may not be yours, although what I can recommend is a useful site specifically for students, called UniDays. I wouldn't advise any one shops at the places it's connected with all the time, especially if you're a money saver, but if you want a frock or some smart casual wear for the freshers ball, then it's definitely worth a look.

For books 
Amazon. The reading lists I've found on the Keele website are specific about which copy of a book you need, from it's edition to it's publication date. It'd be a real pain to go round all the charity shops hunting for the exact one you need, whereas on Amazon you can just type it in and find it. I've began to buy a few already - although I haven't actually got this years reading list (I'm going by last years which I've been told is unlikely to change). I bought mostly second hand ones, and 11 books came to a total of £55 excluding the postage and packaging, which I personally thought was pretty good.

For crockery 
If you haven't already got everything you need for University, family are the best people to turn to. I can't think of anyone in my family that doesn't have far more things in their cupboard than they actually use. Aside from that, I found Argos pretty useful! 

For Food
I've mentioned before my plan to choose the basic, value and own brand ranges in shops, and I'll also shop at places like Aldi, Asda and Lidl. They're both really cheap, but I'll try to use the farmers market at the SU as much as possible. My first shopping list for University will be:

Big bag of pasta
Big bag of rice
Big bag of spaghetti
Noodles - 10 bags
Spaghetti hoops - I'd probably have to buy the Heinz ones because the others just don't taste as good to me
Pasata & Chopped tomatoes
Meat
      - minced beef
Soup - tomato is my personal favourite and if I get the chance I may even make my own
Cheese
Bacon
Cereals
      - Granola
      - Choco pops (cheap version of Coco pops)
Milk

Obviously they'll be other things I'll want to buy and important things I've forgotten off of that list.

For Alchol
I'll be honest and say I don't as of yet know the best places to go around Keele. The SU is the obvious one, and I've heard of a place called 'Bargain Booze'  that appears to have quite cheap drinks and good offers, though doesn't sound hugely appealing. Obviously my advice is to get the info from second and third year students about cheap places to have a good night out, but that's a no brainer.

So, there's a few of my recommendations for you, the shopping list I've included, specifically the pasta, rice and spaghetti, is what I'd advise you buy if you like them. The bigger bags will make the first shop more costly, but then you won't have to buy any more for a while. Obviously for food, just look around for the bargains, and don't be drawn towards the BOGOF (buy one get one free) offers especially if you only want and can store one.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥